Nyheter fra Thailand - Pattaya ONE News

26 Feb 2015

A 21 year old Go-Go Bar worker complained to officers at Pattaya Police Station on Thursday Night after he was detained and accused of possessing drugs by 6 men who claimed to be Police Officers and who later stole 40,000 Baht’s worth of cash and valuables from his apartment.

Khun Wirapon told Police Investigators that he works for a Bar in Soi Sunee Plaza in South Pattaya and as he waited for his sister in the street, he claimed to have been approached by three men who claimed to be Police and stated they were told by an informant that he was in possession of illegal drugs, a claim that Khun Wirapon denied.

The three men, thought to be aged in their thirties, were soon joined by three more men, who escorted Khun Wirapon to his room where they insisted on conducting a search. They forced the bar worker to open a room safe where they claimed to have found drugs, which the victim believes were planted there by the men.

At this point the men demanded 5,000 Baht to clear the case and at the same time they stole mobile phones and other items worth an estimated 40,000 Baht from the apartment.
Eventually the victim’s sister arrived with the money and the so-called Police Officers disappeared.

The real Police are now investigating and hope to catch the 6 men soon before they strike again.

bar-1 bar-2 bar-3
26 Feb 2015

Newly installed lights along road barriers situated along a 500 meter stretch of road close to the Central Pattaya Road junction with Pattaya Third Road are causing concern among pedestrians and local business operators due to dangerous power cables which appear to have been installed without the care and attention required to ensure public safety is maintained.

Tube lighting and flashing orange lights have been installed along the top of the cement barriers which were installed last year to prevent motorists from turning off the main road to the right, which was causing traffic jams along this stretch of Third Road.

As an extra precaution the tube lights have now been installed but it appears they were either installed in a hurry or without any consideration towards pedestrians who wish to cross the main road.

Live power cables, which have been protected with black tape only, line the entire stretch of the barriers and pedestrians who attempt to cross the road have to squeeze through barriers and come dangerously close to the cables and transformers which connect the lights together.

We are sending pictures which accompany this report to Pattaya City Hall so urgent action can be taken to prevent an accident occurring in the future.

light-1 light-2 light-3 light-4 light-5
26 Feb 2015

An investigation is currently underway into a Rehabilitation Center for children with special needs and behavioral problems in North Pattaya where a 10 year old child sustained facial cuts and bruises during a fight with a 15 year old boy.

The injured boy was taken to Banglamung Hospital by Khun Wootishart, who works at the center which houses 34 children between the ages of 7 and 18 who require special help.

Allegations of poor supervision and discipline at the center have been raised in the past and now an investigation is underway after this latest episode.

The boy told us he was with a group of older children aged in their mid-teens and they are alleged to have assaulted the younger boy for no apparent reason.

The boy was checked by Doctors and treated for the minor injuries. He will be sent to another Center in Chonburi while the investigation takes place.

child-1 child-2
25 Feb 2015

Banglamung Police have arrested two men, in connection with the recent drive-by fatal shooting of a man, outside of a Store owned by a former Mayor of Pattaya.

The incident occurred in the early hours of 19th February outside of a shop owned by Khun Niran, a former Mayor of Pattaya, who had just left when the shooting took place.
A white Toyota Yaris containing the shooter and at-least 2 other men, was driven past the shop and a rear passenger shot the victim, Khun Wachara aged 34, a total of 10 times. He was later declared dead in Hospital, soon after he arrived.

Police identified two brothers who may have been involved in the shooting. One of them, Khun Chayut, was arrested in Pattaya after Police obtained an arrest warrant. When he was located and detained, he vehemently denied being involved in the incident.

His younger brother, Khun Pawat aged 37 was arrested in Chiang Mai Province in the North of Thailand and was caught with a White Toyota Yaris and a 9mm semi-automatic handgun.

During questioning Khun Prawat claimed the shooting took place because the victim was involved in an altercation over an illegal gambling den with an employee of Khun Prawat, and it was decided to conduct the shooting in revenge for the earlier problem which is thought to have led to a physical encounter between the employee and the victim.

Police have charged both brothers over the incident and will allow the Courts to decide their fate. Both Brothers have been denied bail and will be held on-remand pending their time in Court.

Initial Story:

shoot-1 shoot-2 shoot-3 shoot-4
25 Feb 2015

On Wednesday Morning the Chonburi Provincial Police Commander announced the arrest of a 19 year old man who is suspected of causing the death of his 2 year old Step-Son.

Khun Kajonsuk was arrested at an apartment in Sriracha District and is accused of causing the death of the 2 year old boy after he was earlier struck multiple times in his chest and back as he would not stop crying, as stated by the suspect.

He is in a relationship with the 16 year old Mother of the child and Hospital records indicated the child had been taken for treatment on many occasions, suffering from cuts and bruises. There was never any follow-up by Welfare Officers despite reports indicating the injuries were caused by a third-party.

On 19th February, Khun Kajonsuk confessed to striking the child many times as he would not stop crying. The child stopped and the suspect and the young mother decided to leave their home for a period of 3 hours and left their child unattended.

When the pair returned home the child had died and initially the suspect claimed he had fallen down stairs which caused his death but a post-mortem indicated the earlier strikes to the body of the child had caused a ruptured spleen which led to his death.

Police have charged the suspect over the incident and he awaits Trial.

child-1 child-2 child-3
25 Feb 2015

The Provincial Police Commander announced the results of a Province-wide crime clean-up operation which took place recently and chose Pattaya to present a selection of the higher-profile cases to the media.

The first case came from Pan Thong District and featured a 26 year old man, Khun Dilaerk who is believed to be a serial motorbike thief who has cases from Police Stations around the Province including Pattaya. On this occasion he is accused of stealing 2 motorbikes.

The vehicles and the suspect were present and the Commander claimed that his current offences could see him incarcerated for a substantial period of time due to his previous convictions, assuming he is found guilty in Court.

The second case originates from Pattaya. Khun Prasit aged 50, who was recently released from Prison, is accused of motorbike theft and possession of unlicensed firearms. He is believed to have committed the alleged offences in the Pattaya and Sattahip areas and was arrested at a rented apartment in Sattahip on Tuesday.

The final case comes from Pattaya and resulted in a number of arrests of individuals caught with firearms. Gun Crime in Pattaya is on the increase and the Regional Police Commissioner has ordered Pattaya Police to take part in an ongoing operation to target those involved in gun-related crimes. A number of the seized weapons were on-show and the suspects who were arrested with them are already at the Remand Prison awaiting Trial.

crime-1 crime-2 crime-3 crime-4 crime-5
24 Feb 2015

Medics rushed to a house in East Pattaya on Tuesday Morning to assist a 40 year old Japanese Man who had attempted to hang himself using computer cables.

Medics arrived at the house inside the Raviporn Village off Soi Kao Noi just before 7am and began administering CPR to Mr. Shuichiro Hirata, who is believed to work as a firefighter in Japan.

He lives with Khun Thanacha aged 39, the house owner, and comes to Thailand on a regular basis and always stays with her. Last week she was aware of problems he was encountering in Japan which required him to make regular telephone calls to his Mother.

Although she is unsure of the details of the conversations as they were conducted in Japanese, she assumes the apparent suicide attempt was made as a result of these calls.

She discovered Mr. Hirata hanging from a wooden partition at the rear of the house in the kitchen area and was able to remove the cable from around his neck. She shouted to neighbors for assistance who in-turn contacted rescue services.

Although Mr. Hirata was brought back to life by medics, he is currently in ICU in a critical condition. The Japanese Embassy in Bangkok has been informed.

japan-1 japan-2 japan-3 japan-4
24 Feb 2015

The body of a 73 year old Italian was found in his rented apartment in Central Pattaya on Tuesday afternoon.

Police and medics were called to the Nine Carat Condominium in Soi Arunothai by staff who initially became concerned due to a foul odor emanating from a 3rd floor apartment.

It was decided to gain entry to the apartment via a neighboring balcony and the body of Mr. Antonio Cavaliere was found lying fully-clothed on the bed.

It was estimated he had been dead for between 4 and 5 days and evidence in the bathroom suggested he suffered an acute medical problem prior to his death.

A container full of medicinal creams and tablets were found which indicated to Police that Mr. Cavaliere’s health had not been good for some time prior to him passing away.

The body was sent to the Police Hospital in Bangkok for a post-mortem examination and the Italian Embassy in Bangkok were informed.

italy-1 italy-2 italy-3 italy-4
23 Feb 2015

A German businessman, who imports Wine into Thailand, reportedly shot himself in the head at his luxury home in East Pattaya early on Monday Morning following an argument with his girlfriend.

Police and medics rushed to the house in Soi Pornprapanimit 27 just before 5am and assisted Mr. Arthur Wilhelm Grudda aged 40. He was lying on his bed and had sustained a serious head trauma. He was breathing heavily and was unconscious. Nearby on the floor was a 38 caliber handgun, which he is suspected of using to shoot himself in the side of his head.

As Mr. Grudda was rushed to Hospital, Police spoke with his Girlfriend, Khun Sunaree aged 22, who revealed that the pair had earlier argued over photos of women on Mr. Grudda’s phone. Despite him claiming he had not been in contact with the women since he met Khun Sunaree, the argument intensified and culminated in the woman packing her bags and preparing to leave Mr. Grudda.

At this point he repeated an earlier threat he had made to her where he promised to commit suicide if she left him. He then went into the bedroom and the sound of a gunshot was heard.

It was reported by doctors at Bangkok Hospital Pattaya that Mr. Grudda passed away shortly after arriving at the Emergency Room. Police continue to investigate the apparent suicide in conjunction with the German Embassy in Bangkok at this time.

(Mr. Grudda was arrested by Pattaya Police in 2012, click here for the story)

german-1 german-2 german-3 german-4 german-5
23 Feb 2015

Pattaya Police are still investigating the disturbing case whereby an 18 year old girl was allegedly sexually assaulted by 3 Thai men, who abducted her at knife-point. Her 19 year old boyfriend was held at gun point nearby and heard screams from the woman but was powerless to prevent the attack.

Police Major General Nittipong, the Provincial Police Commander is overseeing the investigation which has received national media coverage. He examined the scene on Monday Night and saw three security cameras in the area but it was confirmed that each of them were inoperative.

With the assistance of the victims, Police have issued photo-fit images of two of the gang members and they believe that at-least one of them has recently left prison as this was mentioned during the encounter at the Helipad on Sunday.

Police are appealing for anyone who may recognize one or both of the suspects to come forward and report to Pattaya Police Station.

Initial Story:

assault-1 assault-2 assault-3 assault-4